Thursday 31 December 2020

Class Update for January 2021 - Tier 4

 


Firstly I want to wish you all a happy New Year and I hope you all managed to find some time to relax and reflect over Christmas. It seems that 2021 will be a tough start for many of us but we can remain hopeful that by the Spring the situation may be looking better. With the recent government announcements in mind, with no timescale to work towards other than the fortnightly government updates, please can I request that you all read the following thoroughly and if you have any questions please email me.

Return to classes

Bournemouth has been placed into tier 4 as of 31st December 2020, with no timescale announced as to how long the restrictions may last. Therefore all Fitness Quest in person classes will NOT be permitted to continue until further notice. All courses that were due to continue w/c 4th January 2021 will be frozen and will continue in person once classes are allowed to return.

Virtual classes

I have taken the decision not to start a new virtual block of fitness classes on the 4th January 2021. 

  • I will re-assess the demand for a virtual block after the next government announcement due on the 13th January 2021 when we may know more about the duration of restrictions required and the ongoing situation.
  • Since March 2020, virtual memberships helped to keep Fitness Quest running, however, demand did inevitably drop off and January-April has a lot of annual business bills so I've taken the decision to find temporary work to help pay for both business and personal expenses.
  • I also have a 3 day university exam on the 18th January (another perk of Covid-19), so not teaching for a few weeks will really help me to concentrate on revision. 
Member motivation

I do want to ensure that you all stay as motivated as possible over the next few weeks whilst I'm not running any virtual live classes, therefore I will be allowing any member who is booked onto an in person course FREE ACCESS to the Facebook group which contains workout challenges (WOW's), pre-recorded PiYo and stretch routines and on demand SH1FT and L1FT. I will also try to pre-record some M1ND classes to mix it up a bit. It would be great for those of you who are active in the group to post your workouts and help to motivate each other (and me, I love seeing what you're all doing). I know for some people virtual classes aren't their cup of tea but right now it's the best we have and unless you are happy doing your own thing to keep fit I do really encourage you to join the group as it provides you with a great resource for home workouts. Keeping active now is so important, not just for our physical health but our mental health too. I'll be re-posting the WOW's from the previous two lockdowns on a weekly basis (although you can view them all), if you've done them before, doing them again is a great fitness test. If you would like to join the Facebook group please email me.

Contacting me

If you need to contact me, please do so via email or by phone (07791 605150) as I am not currently using my personal Facebook account (you can still message Fitness Quest on Facebook but I may not reply too quickly). Please note that whilst I have alternative employment my replies may not be very fast, hence why I am streamlining the contact methods I need to check. Hopefully most of the questions you have can either be found on the class pages on this website or by viewing the Fitness Quest Covid-19 Policies.

Personal training

Personal training sessions will still continue virtually until further notice.

Finally...

Thank you all for your continued support, hopefully by the end of January we will either be going back to in person classes or starting up another block of virtual classes (once I've done my exam and am trained in my new job). I will update all of the class pages and the Covid-19 policy shortly and I will email each of you who are booked onto a course over the weekend. I wanted to get this post out now to keep you all updated. To ensure you get the updates as soon as I post them please subscribe to this blog (top right hand corner of this page) and like the Facebook page

Please do use the online library of fitness content I've created this year and I'll be asking in the Facebook group in a couple of weeks how many of you would like to continue virtually, if needed. Please take care of yourselves and send me an email if you need anything.

See you all soon

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.