Enjoy and please let me know what you think.
Power Bar Recipe (Makes 24)
- 3 very ripe med/large bananas
- 4 teaspoons of no added sugar nut butter (I use the meridian cashew and almond butters from Holland and Barrett)
- 2 medium eggs
- 200g rolled oats
- 200g mixed seeds/nuts (I use sunflower, pumpkin, pine nuts and a few flaked almonds)
- Cinnamon or ginger to add some flavour
- (I also add flaxseed to provide me with more calories during my half marathon training).
- Line a baking tin (I go for 8"x8" so I get nice chunky bars) and preheat oven to 190c.
- Mash up the three bananas and then beat in the egg, begin to fold in the oats, mixed seeds, nut butters and cinnamon or ginger.
- Spread evenly into the baking tin and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden on the top.
- Turn onto wire rack, allow to cool then cut into 24 bars
- Store in an airtight containing in the fridge for about a week.
Approximate Nutritional info per bar:
Fat (the healthy ones from oats, eggs and the nuts/seeds): 9.5g