Monday 15 June 2020

Virtual Fitness Classes - Covid-19 update



I can't quite believe we're now heading into the second half of 2020! Whilst for me I've found the weeks have been passing really quickly, I'm really missing being at classes and can't wait to be back teaching you all face to face.

In terms of when that'll be... We're still waiting to hear, however, with shops reopening today and hairdressers and gyms set to open next month I am hopeful we are getting closer to a return. I really appreciate your patience and support, especially those of you who have already paid for the next block of classes (whenever that may be). I don't want to hound people by emailing you all individually but I would love to hear from those of you who didn't join us online, just to see how you are doing.

Speaking of online, the next online block begins on the 22nd June - I know some of you felt online training wouldn't work for you, but I really do urge you (especially now we're getting closer to a return) to give it a go. Most of the members, and myself were all skeptical to begin with. We all thought it wouldn't work or wouldn't be as effective, but it's been amazing and even those self confessed technophobes have said they've found joining the classes nice and simple. You can now join any of the classes on a pay as you go basis or you can join us for the next four week block for just £25.


The virtual membership not only includes unlimited access to the class timetable, but it also offers on demand access to two class formats (SH1FT & L1FT), catch up with HIIT and Boxercise HIIT for up to 7 days after the live class, weekly short stretch routines, weekly workout challenges and technique challenges.



Return to classes

In terms of how I plan to return to face to face classes, I'm trying to work on this and would appreciate your feedback. Currently the government allows for fitness classes to be held outside for up to 5 people (6 including me), maintaining 2m distance. Presently, I cannot run classes for 5 people, and once the numbers I'm allowed increases I also need to consider where, and what happens if it rains! Some classes cannot be taught in the rain for safety reasons, so as a back up I would suggest a virtual class - However, I need to know everyone is happy with outside as plan A and virtual as plan B, which I know may not be the case (this is where it becomes very difficult for me to plan and keep everyone happy and fit). I've also taught outside in public places in the past, and this is not something I'm happy to do again (too many problems), therefore I'm hoping the schools will soon allow the use of their playgrounds/fields. Currently, neither of the schools I hire are allowing community bookings.

It is very likely that I will be sending out a questionnaire within the next couple of weeks, with the view of finding out how the majority of members intend to return in line with the government easing restrictions. Please understand that I'm trying my best to get back to "normal" but the business I grew and have loved since 2005 will be healing for many months to come.

With that in mind, I would like to open up the ability to purchase class credits, I won't be putting an expiry on these, but it would help me massively over the coming months if anyone not already booked onto an upcoming course would like to buy what is essentially a voucher, which you could exchange for a course once the dates are released (the next course of sculpt and burn is fully booked). As an example, earlybird six week courses are £30 and earlybird eight week courses are £40. Those of you who have already booked onto a course or were mid course when we had to close - Your classes will continue as soon as it is safe and viable to do so.


Personal Training

I can now take bookings for 1-2-1 or 1-2-2 personal training as long as you have private access to outside space (such as a garden), which can be accessed without me entering your house. Other Covid-19 regulations apply such as maintaining 2m distance, for full details of this please get in touch.

Thank you for reading, I post more frequently on Facebook, so please give the page a like for the most up to date announcements.
  
Please get in touch if we haven't spoken in a while. Once again, thank you all for keeping Fitness Quest alive during this difficult time.

Vicki



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.