Friday 17 July 2020

Covid-19 Updates - Plan of Action


I hope you are all keeping well and you are slowly finding some aspects of your life are returning to normal.

When we closed classes there were murmurs of lockdown lasting two, maybe three months, but we're now heading into the FIFTH block of four week virtual memberships (starts Monday 20th July). My lovely members have adapted really well and are enjoying the virtual classes, but we're all chomping at the bit to return to in person classes.



Whilst the government announced that gyms are allowed to reopen on the 25th July, unfortunately the easing of restrictions doesn't simply translate to community halls such as schools and churches. There's a lot of guidelines to adhere to which currently are not possible in smaller venues (ventilation, one way systems, maximum capacity). Further to this, both of my schools have confirmed that a return to classes will not be possible until September, provided the Covid-19 situation does not worsen and restrictions have eased to allow us all a safe return (the schools priority is quite rightly the children).

Considering the above information, along with recent government advice I will be working with a date of return to classes for the week commencing 21st September 2020. This is by no means set in stone but it does give us all a date to work towards. I have outlined a return to classes policy, which I would encourage you to read regularly as it will be updated as the situation changes. Once we return, all members will be required to adhere to the Covid-19 policy. All payments/bookings will resume from the first confirmed date we are allowed back.

The good news for those of you who are currently virtual members, is that this means we will have another four week block running between 17th August and 13th September 2020.

For those of you who have not yet joined us online, I really would encourage you to give it a go. I now have a combination of pre-recorded and live classes, as well as some catch up classes for HIIT and Boxercise HIIT which are available for 7 days after the live class for you to complete whenever your schedule allows. Please discuss giving the classes a go with me as I'd really love you to use the next eight weeks as a way of phasing yourself back into classes. You can read more about the virtual membership here.

If you have not yet completed the RETURN TO FITNESS SURVEY please do so as soon as possible as it really helps me to plan our return based on what the majority of members want.

I have found the transition from teaching in person to online a challenge but enjoyable at the same time. I've had regular emotional breakdowns about the uncertainty of what the future holds for Fitness Quest and my fellow community fitness instructors. I've missed the interactivity and naughty corners a real class offers up each and every week. I have also worked hard to adapt what I can offer based on member feedback, at times not knowing if it would work. I therefore believe wholeheartedly that by working together, we CAN get back to achieving amazing community fitness classes.

I'm beyond grateful for all of the support you've all shown me so far, but the journey to recovery is far from over. I appreciate your patience over the next couple of months, as plans are bound to change. Even once we make it back we can't guarantee that there won't be any further local lockdowns. Therefore I would ask that you all remain open minded to giving online options a go in case of a "plan B" scenario. Fingers crossed it's smooth sailing once we're back!

If anyone would like to discuss anything, from barriers to joining us online, worries about returning to in person classes or just to touch base please send me an email. I'll get back to you as soon as I can, I may be a little slow to reply as I've taken on some hours with the uni to help pay some bills!

Thanks again and I can't wait to see you all really soon!

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.