It's felt like a long time coming, but finally we are due to return to in person classes from Monday 21st September. To ensure we can all do so safely and comply with government guidelines, there have been some changes, and there's quite a lot for you to familiarise yourselves with. Therefore, I'll keep this update to the information that is important, please do get in touch if you have any questions.
Here is what you need to do...
1. Pick which class(es) you wish to attend and email email@example.com to book
- Kettlercise: Monday at 6:30pm-7:25pm, 7 weeks starting 21st September. £42 for the 7 weeks, you will require your own Kettlebell.
- HIIT: Monday at 7:45-8:15pm, 6 weeks starting 21st September. £30 for the 6 weeks.
- PiYo: Wednesday at 6:30pm-7:25pm, 8 weeks starting 23rd September. £48 for the 8 weeks.
- Sculpt & Burn: Wednesday at 7:45-8:25pm, 8 weeks starting 23rd September. £48 for the 8 weeks.
- Boxercise will only be returning to members who were attending the course before lockdown. There are 5 weeks remaining of the current course, which restarts on Thursday 24th September.
2. Read and understand all of the Fitness Quest Covid-19 policy which come into effect immediately. All members are required to adhere and agree with all rules set out.
3. All members are required to complete a new Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) before returning to classes.
4. Each week, members will be required to register online for each class they attend.
This replaces the need for manual sign in at class and will act as a class register, Covid-19 disclaimer and a method of collecting your contact details for track and trace purposes. Class registration will only open 48 hours before the class start time and registration is compulsory, even though you have booked for the course. You will be able to cancel your place if you cannot attend for any reason. Failure to register will result in non admittance to class so please set some reminders.
5. Turn up to class on time (not early), bringing with you only what is absolutely essential.
I know we've all missed each other but please do keep 2m distance from all other participants and at no point gather in groups larger than six. I would really appreciate swift exits after class to ensure social distancing. I am more than happy to answer any questions, but for the time being please aim to ask these via email or Facebook to maintain all social distancing.
I was booked on to a course before lockdown, do I still have a place?
Yes, any course that was either part completed or yet to start at the beginning of lockdown will automatically resume the week commencing 21st September so you do not lose any sessions.
Why are there no early bird prices?
I have had to temporarily suspend early bird prices due to ensuring the classes are financially viable considering reduced numbers at classes. If you had paid early bird prices before lockdown and left this in credit for the return of classes then you do not need to top up to the standard fees (I am so grateful you kept the credit during a really tough time for all small businesses)!
I really enjoyed the Virtual Classes during lockdown, are they here to stay?
Yes and no. Logistically I cannot run the in person classes and still stream via Zoom at the same time (lots of legal issues), therefore live and catch up virtual classes will end as of 21st September. However, I will be keeping the virtual membership Facebook group and allowing free access to all members booked onto in person classes until the end of October at least. This will provide access to the pre-recorded PiYo and short stretch routines as well as SH1FT and L1FT, the previous workout of the weeks (WOWs) and enable us a community space to share our love of all things fitness and act as a backup should we end up back in lockdown!
Will classes be really different?
Classes will feel different to usual, whilst we are all finding that new normal but the classes I plan to be in line with all regulations will stay true to the class format and will still be a fun and effective way of getting your fitness mojo back! Once we've been back a week I'm sure it'll feel fabulous!
What if we have another lockdown?
Fingers crossed this doesn't happen, but school closures for deep cleans etc could well be a possibility. Therefore, to ensure Fitness Quest remains above water in the long run, if any classes are cancelled, where possible I intend to run the class online via Zoom.
What happens if the instructor is self-isolating?
If I'm required to self-isolate classes will be rescheduled until I have either completed the isolation period required or have a negative Covid-19 test result.
I'm feeling a little under the weather (it's 100% not Covid-19), can I still come?
I would urge anyone who isn't feeling well to stay at home and rest. Even without Covid-19 doing the rounds, exercising when poorly isn't the best idea. However, given the current situation I really would suggest that it is safer for you to stay at home if you have any respiratory illness, as these are still contagious and easily transmitted to other participants.
Will I need to wear a mask?
Masks are not recommended for anyone participating in physical activity, so no, you will not be asked to wear a mask but you must adhere to all of the Covid-19 policies in place.
Can I still use the body composition scales?
Not at the moment. To reduce shared equipment and touchpoints the scales will not return until it is safe to do so.
If you have any questions that haven't been answered above, please send me an email.
I'm really looking forward to seeing you all soon!